Friday, August 14, 2009

Mississippi

I'm back!

It was a long day getting home. I didn't sleep hardly at all the night before leaving Kyiv...stayed awake most of the night boxing and sorting stuff I left at my apartment (just in case I don't get to go back as planned).

My driver picked me (and Sam, Angel and Robby) up at 3:30 am. The International Airport in Kyiv is a model of inefficiency! Even though we were there a full 2 hours prior to take-off...it took all of it!

We had a 6 hour layover in Amsterdam so I hightailed it out of the airport and went downtown to the Anne Frank house. It all happened too quick but it was very moving.

I watched the newish Star Trek movie on the flight home. It probably lost something on that massive 6 inch screen! The flight to Memphis was terribly long. However, coming through Customs was a breeze and incident free.

So now I'm home.

Now what?

I'll be in Gpt this weekend. And I need to go there at least once during the week sometime to do some banking. I'll be in Vicksburg next weekend and who knows in-between. I'd like to see friends in Birmingham and maybe Atlanta.

I have a return ticket to Ukraine for Aug 27. What I don't have is funds to live there until Christmas. I have enough Support Money to last for a year and half but I still can't access it yet. (A number of close friends are aware of what the problem is; get in touch with me personally if you want to know more.)

The deal is...for now... either my issue has to be favorably resolved in less than 2 weeks or I need someone to bless me with some support money without the benefit of receiving a tax credit. The other option is to not return for the next semester of language school and work as a surveyor's helper until things are resolved.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Welcome Home!

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Welcome home, Little Brother... it's so good to see you...

Unknown said...

Did the funding issues get resolved?