Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day

Yep, it's Labor Day. As I write this, I see that it is about 10:30 am back in Mississippi. That means a lot of people I know are probably still sleeping (students), and a lot of my friends are probably getting ready to cook-out sometime today. Sweet.

This being the opening weekend for SEC Football, probably a lot of you will take advantage of the promotional thing with Chick Fil A today where you can get a free sandwich just by wearing an SEC School logo shirt of some sort.

I didn't get much sleep this weekend because I was watching or listening to several SEC Football Games. You have to remember the 8 hour time difference. That means MSU's 2:30 kickoff didn't happen here until 10:30 Saturday night. Florida didn't kickoff until like 3 in the morning!! I watched a little; slept a little. Technology is crazy isn't it? I can watch "most" games on the computer (I guess you can watch every SEC game now on Secsports.com the day after). There are blogs where you can chat and interact with others during the game... it's almost like being there (not!). I's a nice distraction.

I hope everyone back home enjoys their Labor Day. Mine is 3/4 over with. You have to remember the 8 hour time difference. I didn't have the day off. I had a 2 1/2 hour Russian Langauge Class and I have homework to attend to. And I'm hungry but went grocery shopping on the way home and have the fixins for Blackened Chicken Pasta. Now it's time for my own little cook-out.


1 comment:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Hi. Clinton. Happy day after LAbor Day. Ours was good. We were in North Carolina with cousins Janie, Faye, Neal and Wynn at the lake. It was so goods to reconnect. We thaught about you and talked about you (only goog stuff, of course) and missed you. Tried to call Janet to wish her a happy birthday biut we keptmissimg each other. We' re on the road again now, headed to Ocean City. Love you so much. Wish I was there toshare the blackened chicken. Sounds yummy.