Friday, March 19, 2010

I Pray

Right around New Year’s (Resolutions and all that) I came up with the idea of creating a “Prayer Album” on my ITouch.  It’s a digital photo album of people/things I want to pray for/about on a regular basis.  For me, scrolling through those pictures works better and is more meaningful to me, than simply going down a list of names/prayer request.

My original Prayer Album had about 43 pictures of 55+ people.  It was taking me an hour to get through the list, not that interceding an hour a day is a bad thing!  But the reality is that I only made it completely through my list a few times.

A couple weeks ago I made a revision- Prayer Album, Rev. 2.0- I created separate albums for each day of the week.  Some people are only in one album but some are in 3 or 4 albums.  Mostly I have pictures of people, but I can also upload a logo for example- so I can regularly pray for an organization, ministry or I can upload an image of a flag and pray for a Nation or people group.

I guess I don’t have to have visual reminders to pray/intercede for others- but I like it…and I’m more apt to have my ITouch with me during the day than a prayer journal.  Not only do I normally spend the 10-20 minutes each morning interceding, but I find myself scrolling through the album throughout the day and whispering a quick prayer for the people on my list.
If you like this idea, then feel free to send me $9.99 and create your own Daily Prayer Photo Album.  Or don’t send me any money and just do it anyway.

3 comments:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

What a cool idea... if I had an I-phone, I could do that... hey... I can do it, anyway,,, just get myhusband to text pictures to me regular cell phone and save them and scroll through them... yeah... I'm gonna do it... thank you, Brother...

Thuy said...

This is a really cool idea. Thank you for praying for me on Wednesday. :)

I pray for you often. Hugs, hugs, hugs, my friend.

Karen said...

what an awesome idea!