Sunday, August 22, 2010

Decisions....

I've posted stuff like this before.  About how I like when I finally make a decision; reach a conclusion.  There's a sigh of relief that comes with that.

And like a lot of things in my life over the last few years...this isn't etched in stone either...but it's about as close as I get these days.

I've been looking at this Russian Language program at Columbia International University in South Carolina for a few years now...even before I lived in Ukraine.  It's always been an option.

Seems like now is the right time.

I'm still in limboland in regards to affiliating with a ministry/sending agency and getting back to Ukraine.  I think it'll be end of the year/early next year at the earliest before I can do that.  My other option right now is to stay in Mississippi and work a little bit.  I didn't get rich doing that before; I reckon I can not get rich somewhere else just as easily!

In reality I'll have to at least work part-time I think or sell something (Most of my furniture is in an Antique Consignment Shop in Natchez...and I guess if push comes to shove one of the Jeeps could go too).

But I'm excited about a new start.  Again.  I'm looking forward to living in a little trailer or apartment or something and moving my church membership and finding out how much Russian I really know already!  This program is supposed to be very intense!  The program is set-up as a 8-month course they say is equivalent to a 4-year University Degree in Russian!!!  Ideally, I'll do one semester (about half the course) and get affiliated with someone by the end of the year which would put me either in Florida or Illinois (I'm working on applications with 2 sending agencies) for training in the Spring.  Then I'd be ready to deploy to Ukraine as soon as I could complete support raising.

One day at a time though, right?

2 comments:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Praying for you, brother. I know what you mean about that sigh of relief that comes with a decision made. Sounds like a good plan.

Thuy said...

I think "one day at a time" is the best advice we could give ourselves, no matter where we are in life. It is just too easy to get overwhelmed when we look at the whole muddy future, don't you think? Hugs, my friend!! Praying for you continually.