Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Where I'm At!

A little less than 2 months ago I wrote a blog about where I am in terms of Support Raising and I ended with a cool story about how a STUDENT...a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT joined my team with a gift of $1000.00!

I wrote that I was only receiving about 15% of my monthly support but that I had nearly 40% "pledged".

Where am I now?  I'm receiving about 50% of monthly support and I have about 80% pledged.  God is Good!

That means I need three things to happen before the end of the year (preferably before the end of November!).


  • I need to raise 20% of my monthly support (which is only $600).  
  • I need for all my "pledges" to get started by December (if you're giving through a Bank Transfer, you have to start the transfer 30 days before the date of the intended transaction...that is, if you're giving a monthly transaction that begins November 15th, then you must submit the form before the 15th of THIS month in order for it to take effect otherwise it will be December before it takes effect!)
  • I need one-time gifts.  My Start-up Account is separate from my Monthly Support Account and I still need nearly $5000 in that account.
Now here's another cool story.  I was in a wedding a few weeks ago.  I didn't really know anyone in that part of the State except the couple and some of their immediate family.  But in the course of meeting some new people that weekend I've already received a $250 gift and I have a pledge for more than $1000 more. 

God is good; better than I deserve...meeting my needs beyond what I can even ask for!

1 comment:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Whooooooo Hooooooooooo... Our God is an Awesome God! Nope... make that... Our God is The Awesome God!