Monday, February 11, 2008

Not Wasted

To bring balance to the aforementioned blog (Wasted), the whole trip to the Coast was definitely NOT a wasted trip.

Not only did I get to go to church at Bayou View Sunday morning AND spend the night with the Gilreaths but Sunday night I was able to share about my World Race experiences with the folks at Agricola Baptist Church. They have been great friends ever since this adventure started.

Back in December 2006, a few weeks before hitting the trail with The World Race, they invited me to speak on a Wednesday night and tell them where I was headed and what God was doing in my life. Their Pastor is Tommy Mitchell- he was the Director of Missions for our Association for a while when I was Student Minister at Bayou View. Their Student Minister is my buddy and fellow Mississippi State Grad. Mark Williams. They warmly welcomed me back in ’06. A few members supported me financially as did the corporate church body during The World Race. They commented on my blogs, sent me emails and I know they prayed for me.

They had me back in their church last night as part of a monthly missions emphasis. I was warmly welcomed again and they promised to continue to support me emotionally and in prayer and financially if need be. They made me feel like I have a second church home to hold me up and hold my ropes.

1 comment:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Awesome! What a wonderful other-side-of-the-coin...

loving you... and praying for you, too...