Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Homeward Bound- Amended!!!!

I wrote this blog earlier tonight...about 6 pm Eastern Time...thinking I was catching my flight home in about an hour. Then they cancelled my flight and rescheduled me for 8:20 pm tomorrow night!! That, my friends, is unacceptable.

I managed to talk the airline into a discounted hotel room for the night. Then I traded tomorrow nights ticket to Jackson for a morning ticket to Gulfport. So that's my plan. I'll be in Gpt at noon tomorrow.

I'm almost home. I'm sitting in Charlotte, NC enjoying free wireless internet and Starbucks waiting on a weather delay. My flight to Mississippi will be about an hour late. At least I know why my flight is delayed. I think 6 out of 8 flights in the last 2 weeks were late!

Another thing... it's practically impossible to find free wireless internet in overseas airports. I've been in 8 of them in the last 2 weeks. I say...a country whose airports don't offer free wireless internet should be included in the Axis of Evil. It's criminal.

I arrived in Charlotte about 3:30 this afternoon from a 9 hour ride from Frankfurt, Germany. It wasn't a bad flight. Ya gotta love those big Airbus 330's. Two seats side by side on the outer rows and 4 in the middle. That means you never have to crawl over more than one person to get to the bathrooms.

I was met in Charlotte by my WorldRace sweethearts Katie, Tana, Christy and Courtney. They took me to Cracker Barrel where I enjoyed Sweet Tea and the Sunrise Sampler Breakfast.

I'm going to my brothers house in Vicksburg tonight. I'm going to Gulfport High School Graduation tomorrow night. I have an appointment (much needed) for a haircut in Gulfport Thursday and then wedding activities Friday and Saturday in Gulfport. I'm officiating the wedding of Amy Loflin and Stevie Jones. Whoohoo.

I'll go back to Vicksburg after the wedding Saturday to be with family for Memorial Day and then try to get some studying in for speaking at WorldChanger and some Kayaking done until about mid-June.

I'm still waiting to hear from the Insurance Company charged with clearing me for service with the International Mission Board. Everything else is complete. If they clear me before June 15 then I'll receive an invitation to go to the interviews in Richmond at the end of July. You can pray about that for me.

If for some reason, I don't get an invitation then I'll probably go to Ukraine on my own in August. Time will tell.

3 comments:

tto said...

I caught your blog due to a Google news search I have running. It was good to hear about your commitment to the Lord and service of Him. I serve with the organization you are applying through and hope to see you over here with the IMB - if not with them, then someone else.

Trey Atkins
Croatia - IMB

michelle said...

what a wonderful picture!!! miss you guys!

lots of prayers for the whole IMB process!

J May said...

I clicked on every blog on a world racer's blogroll and, surprise, they were all world racers! haha. Cool blog.

I just flew to DC and the Virginia and back and none of those 5 airports had free wifi. We must be part of the axis of evil!