Thursday, October 23, 2008

Juxtaposition

Juxtaposition

-noun

1. An act or instance of placing close together or side by side, especially for comparison or contrast.
2. The state of being close together or side by side.

I think I experienced a Juxtaposition today.

I was driving from middle-of-nowhere Arley, Alabama to Birmingham as I do about once a week. I try to get to the big town and experience a little civilization- Starbucks, Moe's...and spending time with my friend Gina (one of my former "youths" from Gulfport; now a college student at Samford U. in B'ham).

Anyway, along the way I spotted this sign on a church or ministry.














Now here's where the Juxtaposition comes in.

I had just started listening to one of the latest Passion Podcasts (google it!). In particular I was listening to the podcast that was recorded prior to, during, and immediately after the Passion World Tour event in Hong Kong. I was in tears listening to Louie Giglio describe the scene of thousands of people from all over the world- many from mainland China- worshiping God full-tilt. I was stirred by images of my own from the month I spent in China last year. I was nearly overwhelmed with this glimpse of what God is doing in His world to redeem His people from every tribe and nation.

If you're not getting a steady diet of good news by listening to a podcasts like Louie's then you're missing some really good supplements!

And in the midst of this amazing testimony of what God is doing in the world... there's the "vision" of New Vision Ministries . . . "Tribulation is Coming!" See the Juxtaposition?

Wow. Is that the best you can do? I mean...I've read the end of the book. Yes...there is tribulation. But it's not the tribulation that I'm concerned with; it's HE who walks through tribulation with me.

1 comment:

Thuy said...

Yes, I totally agree. And you are one who surely can speak to the comfort of a God who walks through tribulation with you. Wow. And people wonder, Clinton, why their churches aren't growing...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I find this blogging bit to be such a challenge sometimes. I want to write, but what if I'm just in the pits? And what if that feeling continues? I figured...well...you write about it. Maybe it can be of some value to someone else.

Love you too, and am looking forward to visiting you in November. Ryan and I will have more "free time". (My family doesn't often like my leaving to see other people because our visits down are so short :). Tan and Em and their spouses are going to Vietnam for a while and will be there during Thanksgiving, so we have fewer family members to visit with. See you soon!