Friday, April 20, 2012

Run to the Border: Part 2

I have a VISA.

I returned to the Ukrainian Embassy this morning and getting my VISA took all of 5 minutes.

I now have 45 days to Register with local authorities in Uzhgorod.  I'm not sure yet what that entails.  I know some friends in the Kyiv region and further East have experienced lots of hassles getting registered.  I think it will involve getting letters from landlords, more letters from my "inviting" parties, maybe proof of health coverage?, and of course getting everything "stamped" by the right person before going to the next person.  You would think after paying the big bucks and getting the VISA from the Embassy that everything else is just a technicality.  We shall see.


1 comment:

Thuy said...

Here's to praying that part 2 also takes 5 minutes! So glad that part 1 is over though, and without much headache!