Friday, May 9, 2014

Countdown to Ukraine

Since it's been so long since I wrote a blog I figured I'd try writing a blog a day until I leave for Ukraine this time next week.

I actually have a LOT to cover but I think I'll start with this Renovation Project.

Is it any wonder that my favorite American TV Shows are the DIY and HGTV shows...this Nicole Curtis girl that renovates homes in the Minneapolis area is pretty awesome.  and pretty.  If anyone knows her, how about asking her to come to Ukraine and help us with our Ministry Center!


But I digress.

Last year the church I work with the most in Ukraine, Church of the Living God in Uzhgorod started renting space in a very centrally located building downtown.  It turns out that a lot of space adjacent to the building was available so our ministry, International Teams, decided to rent that space for the purpose of creating a Ministry Center and Coffee House.

We are trying our hand at Crowdsourcing.  That is, we want to harness the power of social media to raise funds to complete the renovation.  It's our first time.  You've probably seen crowdsourcing before in the form of KickStarter or Razoo.  We chose CrowdTilt.com because our Team in Spain recently used it successfully.

One thing you'll notice if you look right now is that we appear to only have raised about 16% of our goal of $10360 but in reality, because of "offline" funds- checks that have been sent directly to International Teams have not been credited yet.  In reality, we've raised almost 50% with 17 more days to go.  We can do it! But we need your help!!  Check out our CrowdTilt!




1 comment:

Janet Tuttle said...

Praying you reach the goal! Wish so much that I could help. And wouldn't it be great if Nicole would see this and come help you renovate...that's one of my favorite shows!