Monday, April 21, 2008

Lifea isa Gooda

I've been thinking about my "end run"...how I'm going to get back to Athens for my flight home on May 20th. I was originally thinking of meeting my friend Jonathan back in Greece to climb Mt. Olympus, but the more I thought about it the more it looked like it was going to be kinda hectic to squeeze it in.

So just now, I discovered something. You can search for Multi-Leg flights that are often cheaper than if you searched for 2 or 3 single leg flights. Make sense? In other words, it cost more to book a flight from Kiev to Venice and then Venice to Athens than to book this little side-trip:

  • Saturday, May 17- Kiev to Rome (short layover) to Venice. I'll spend 2 nights in Venice and have all day on the 18th to ply the hundreds of waterways and canals of the old city.
  • Monday, May 19- Venice to Rome with a 10 hour layover. I'll have enough time to get into the city and see some sights.
  • Monday, May 19- late night flight to Athens where I'll probably just sit in the airport until my flight home leaves at 6:00 am the following morning.
Venice and Rome. Sweet!

Now all I have to do is figure out a way to see more of the Balkans, the Romanian Mountains, Moldova and get back to Kiev!

2 comments:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Awesome... sounds like God is enjoying have you look around at this wonderful old earth...

Anonymous said...

Greece, Kosovo, Kiev.... I haven't visited your blog in a while. Thought of you today, pulled it up and was blown away with your ventures over the last few months! I was touched over your 'ring' story, grieve for the human slavery area you highligted (did you know Rob has been very exposed to this need!...) and delighted to see how God has extended his reach through you! Know you are in our thoughts and prayers and we are following your journey... Tresa/Rob Flanegin (Swaziland June 07!).