Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rosetta Stone Day 10


I wish I could report that I'm getting pretty fluent by now...but you didn't really expect that did you?

Two matters loom large: 1) I haven't been as disciplined as I wanted to be thus far. I've even skipped some days altogether. 2) It's every bit as difficult as I thought it would be...but it does get easier.

I spent a solid week on Unit 1 Lesson 1 Session 1. I think there are four sessions in each lesson and 4 lessons in each Unit. I doubt seriously if I'll even make it to Unit 2 at this rate.

I am about to master session 1 though. I can say phrases like, "girl eats", "boy eats", "woman eats", "man eats" and I can use other verbs like "drinks", "runs", "swims", and "cooks"and I can make those phrases plural too..."girls swim", "men cook" etc.

Spending time doing this is definitely going to help me though.

In other news: I've been really lazy since I've been back in the lakehouse. I started out pretty good...getting in about an hour of kayaking every day...but we've had a good bit of cloudy weather...and it turned off cool the last few days so I haven't been out as much. I did get the jungle in the backyard mowed down though. I'm bringing my weight bench over from Amory this weekend...and eventually I'll try to ride my bike some.

I also made one trip to Birmingham to have dinner with Gina and her roommate Amanda. I'd like to get over there again sometime soon. And the relatively close proximity here to Mississippi State has afforded me the opportunity to see the Dogs play two games. We beat Southeastern Louisiana and lost a memorable game to Auburn 3-2!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so in awe of you... I can't imagine stretching my brain to the point of learning a new language...

Thuy said...

Clinton, don't feel bad. That's about all I can say in Vietnamese and up until I was 2 years old (ya know...a bit after I learned how to TALK), that was my native tongue. :) Language learning can be so challenging, but I hope you'll feel the rewards when January rolls around. I took one year of elementary Italian in college, and so wish I had stuck with it! Hang in there, and let yourself by "lazy" for a day here or there. Or a month. Hugs from STL!

Anonymous said...

Missing you... how's it going?