Sunday, September 7, 2008

That door is finally shut...for now.

You may recall that I interviewed with the International Mission Board for an International Service Corps  position back in July and that I withdrew from the process because 1) there didn't seem to be a job that I wanted (even though there were a lot of cool jobs available) and 2) the ISC job in Ukraine only provided 1 month of language study and I've felt all along that I want more than that.

In consultation with some of the leadership at the Candidate Conference, I transferred my application from ISC to the Career Track- the Apprentice Program they call it, because the Apprentice Program provides a full year of language study and I was told, would offer more flexibility in creating a job for me.

Alas, that door is now officially shut.  I spent an afternoon on the phone with the Regional Consultant last week and he in turn emailed and met with several others and here, in part, is his reply:  "There will not be a job forthcoming from the Central and Eastern Europe Region for a candidate to work with children and orphans."

As for now, I'm still in process with the agency I alluded to in my last blog.  I should be preliminarily approved this month with final approval coming after a mandatory week-long meeting with them at the end of October.

I'm back at my friends lake house near Jasper, Alabama for a few months.  Pray for me as I try to learn as much Russian as I can with Rosetta Stone and as I try to get some routine in my life (exercise, eating healthy, etc) for a few months.  I'll also be working on getting contact information together for the impending support raising blitz come November and I'll be working on my support letters and promo materials.

1 comment:

Thuy said...

Hey, friend. I've been wondering how the last couple weeks have been going. I will definitely pray for you over these next few months. Hmmm...I'm inspired now to order Rosetta Stone to learn Vietnamese! I hope you enjoy your time in AL. Hang in there and let us know what happens next, and where we can send the check when it's time. :) Love you much.