Thursday, November 6, 2008

Interested in Uganda? Meet my friends!

Maybe, just maybe you don't want to be one of my Ministry Partners as I get ready to go to Ukraine.

Maybe your heart is in Africa- maybe in Uganda- and maybe you want to support someone serving there!  Here's your chance.

The three young ladies pictured here are also new Global Outreach Missionaries.  They went through Orientation with me a few weeks ago.  
From L to R, they are Amanda Taylor, Sadie Mumma and Megan O'Neil.  You can find them on the www.globaloutreach.org website under "where we serve."

I'd love to tell you more about them (but alas, I'm waiting on Amanda and Sadie to send me a synopsis of what they're going to do in Uganda.  And to give Sadie a break...she's already over there!!)

Megan, on the other hand was pretty quick to send me some snippets about what she'll be doing in Uganda.  She's a tall, cool kid from Alaska.  She has a twin sister and two younger siblings (a brother and sister I think).  Here's what she says about going to Uganda.

I'm going to Jinja, Uganda to homeschool the three oldest children of the Fulks family (John Fulks is the president of Jinja's Global Theological Seminary, which equips nationals to pastor churches in their own villages and regions). My desire in this is to allow John and Rebecca to have more energy for their ministries that have been demanding so much of them. I'm currently pursuing a degree in Elementary Education with the very goal of using it on the mission field, so this God-sent opportunity is a confirmation that gives me tremendous joy! During my six-month stay in Uganda, I know that the Lord will reveal a lot of ways to get involved in the surrounding ministries (including orphanages, women's ministries, village outreach, and several others). 
My goals while in Uganda are to 
(1) share God's love with everyone around me, and spread to gospel. 
(2) be a means of relief, encouragement and support to those around me who have given themselves to full-time ministry; I want to assist and learn from them. 
(3) Follow God's will completely for my life, learning to put His direction above all else and also learning to pour all of me into the task that has been set before me.

If anyone is interested in more info, please feel free to give them my email (esteloth@yahoo.com). God bless, and talk to you later!

No comments: