Saturday, November 22, 2008

Vis a Vis a VISA

I'm probably being a little premature in reporting this but I can't resist.

One of my greatest concerns of late has been securing a VISA to live in Ukraine. I have been hearing all sorts of conflicting reports and rumors about the VISA issue. Namely, that if you entered with a 3 month Tourist Visa that you could no longer simply cross the nearest border and get a new 3 month Visa; that you might actually have to go back to your Country of Origin or wait 6 months before re-entering.

It has also been unclear to me as to whether or not I needed a Letter of Invitation from someone in Ukraine. Some websites make it look like perhaps a US Citizen doesn't need a letter; while in other places that appears not to be the case.

Finally- a few days ago I sent out a PrayerGram to many of my friends and asked for prayer and I simply sent my Passport and a VISA application (without a Letter of Invitation) to the Consulate General of the Ukrainian Embassy in DC.

A representative at the Embassy called me yesterday and after a few questions it looks like I can expect a 3 year VISA with unlimited entries in the mail any day now.

I probably should wait until I have it in my hand before reporting such...but I can't resist. After all that consternation God just made a way and it's too exciting to contain.

1 comment:

Thuy said...

I don't blame you for reporting this! It's so exciting!