Friday, April 30, 2010

Passion Ukraine 2010

This blog is in no way meant to toot my horn.  It’s about praising God for a precious opportunity and being glad to be a part of it.  There are several elements to this tale:

Exhibit A) When I was a Student Minster I was a “early adopter”- that is, I liked the “cutting edge” stuff…gadgets, music, camps and conferences.  If it was new, I was usually in on it.  Louie Giglio took his Baylor University Campus Ministry nationwide with the 1st Passion event in 1997…reaching and mobilizing an entire generation to make God’s Glory and Fame preeminent.  I took my first group of students to a Passion event in 1999.












Exhibit B) In 2004 I led an amazing group of students from my church on a week-long mission trip to Odessa, Ukraine.  I loved it!  These three “kids” were no small part of that. 


I enjoyed and loved every kid I met that week . . . but there’s always a few that really capture your heart, and these 2 sisters and their brother captured mine.







Exhibit C) 2008 afforded me two INCREDIBLE experiences while visiting Ukraine (for the 3rd time). 

(1) I re-connected with my “kids” again and 












(2) I volunteered at the 1st ever Passion World Tour event held in Kyiv.













Exhibit D) In 2009 I met some new friends in Ukraine- College students who were Interpreters for the Camp I served.  Amazing students every one! They attend college in Odessa.  I spent my Thanksgiving break last year in Odessa visiting them and my “kids” and I had the privilege of introducing them…hoping that the introduction would lead to some opportunities for my college friends to love and minister to my favorite kids in Odessa.













Exhibit E) Passion is returning to Ukraine next week, May 10.  It will be a phenomenal event.  As soon as I heard about it last year I started scheming of a way to get my friends in Odessa- particularly the kids- to the Passion event.  I really hoped I would be there myself.  But alas, it is not to be.

However- I just found out that my college friends invited my “kids” to go and they are all going.  I wish I could be there with them.  I wish I could make the train trip with them and see their faces when Louie preaches or Chris Tomlin sings “God of this City” in Russian.  I wish I could hang-out with them in Kyiv.
But I’m really happy they are going.  I’m so glad I made the introductions. 

Pray for them this week if you think about it.  Pray that the Holy Spirit captivates the hearts of my “kids”.   Pray that Passion sparks a movement- an awakening- among college aged kids in Ukraine and throughout Eastern Europe.  

2 comments:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Oh, Clinton, what a wonderful journey down memory lane. I'm so glad your kids will be there, and we'll certainly be praying for all the things you've asked for... and most especially that God will not only use you on this side-trip you're on, but get you back on the main path soon. We love you, love you, love you...

Thuy said...

I know how much you would love to be there, Clinton. Thanks for sharing this post. Hugs and love from St. Louis.