Saturday, May 22, 2010

Old Friends

At the same time Mission Project Leaders are in Gainesville, GA training for work all over the country, two squads of World Racers are training about an hour and a half from here.

A PILE of World Race Alums are helping facilitate the training.  I was really thankful to be able to see some of them and spend a few minutes with them at their training site.  They are training the June and July World Race Squads…check them out at www.adventures.org  … theywill be proclaiming the Kingdom of God all over the world.

Me and sweet BriEllyn.












And here's Bri and her precious little girl, Adelyn.












A few buds: Brian Alonzo (far left) led a Squad to Ukraine last year.

Sean Smith (4th from left) was a few months behind us on C Squad.

Dennis Ho (5th) came through Ukraine last year.

My friend Jimmy McCarty (3rd from R).

Jerry Goode- WR Leadership (far R)




My friend Tangi Holmes- a fellow Mississippi State Grad and WR Alum











My Arkansas buddy Rusty Jackson. 










And there were more...and they were all as important to me and fun to see as the ones above.  There were kids from A,B,C and I think D Squads hanging around that I knew from when I was on the Race...and there were several kids I met that traveled through Ukraine (3 Squads) last year.

So...it was a nice reunion.

1 comment:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Yay! I can see these have been wonderfl days of reconnecting... glad to hear it. Praying for all y'all! (That's Southern for God bless...)