Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Procrastination

Of all the reasons to write a quick blog...doing so to keep from studying or doing homework has to be one of the lamest reasons!

I'm barely treading water on this whole being a student thing.  I do just enough to keep up; to keep from drowning.  I'm lazy here lately...more than usual.

My sleep is completely out of whack.  It's almost like working a night shift.  In Haiti this summer I was good about getting up early, sometimes as early as 5 am and then going to bed before 10 pm.  Since I've been a "student" again, I find myself waking early...at 5 or 6 because I have to in order to finish homework from the day before.  I come home from class at noon and crash on the couch.  Not that there's anything wrong with a good nap...but mine are becoming 3-4 hour long naps.  Then I wake up and cook dinner and watch tv and don't look at homework till midnight.  I go to sleep at 2 and get up again at 5 or 6.  Bad habits!

My only chance of doing homework after class is to go almost straight to Starbucks or Panera.  I'm productive when I do that.

But here it is, 11:55 am and I'm writing a blog and staring at 11 or 12 exercises I need to complete plus some reading.

I'm a student looking forward to Fall Break which begins next week!  (More about that in a few days!)

1 comment:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Hang in there... you'll get the scheduling all figured out...