Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Long Overdue

Once again, it's been weeks since I last blogged.  There's been a lot going on, just not a lot to write about.

I'm sitting at a Cups Coffeeshop in Jackson waiting to meet with an old friend and potential ministry supporter in another hour or so.  I've had some successful visits the last few weeks; just not enough of them.

Let me clarify, almost everyone that I've met with has joined my Support Team.  The thing is; I need to be meeting with 6-10 people a week and I only met with that many people all of last month!

But the meetings I had in June sure were a lot of fun.  I reconnected with an old employer and a college roomy I hadn't seen in 18 years.  I met with students I met working at Super Summer back in the 90's!  I met with a couple of my favorite couples, including a couple that I married back in 2000 (I think).  Today I'm meeting with two old ministry friends; one of which I haven't seen in 20 years!  That's crazy.

So where am I?  I basically have 2 different Support Raising Accounts as I prepare to return to Ukraine.  One account is my Start-Up Account which includes my training cost (5 weeks in Chicago), my support-raising cost (all my travel and expenses this summer) and my actual start-up cost for Ukraine (airfare, furnishing an apartment, supplies and equipment for ministry).  I'm at about 50% of the nearly $20K needed.

The other account is more important- it's my Monthly Support Account.  I'm working towards $3000.00 a month.  I'm at about 30% right now.  One thing I'm learning about the current economy is that people just aren't able to give at the "higher" levels.  All that means is that I need to ask more people to support me.  That's not a bad thing.  It's a lot easier to get by if a $50/month supporter has to miss a month than it is if a $200/mo supporter has to miss a month.

I haven't written much about my Support Needs.  And I don't intend to write much more.  Hopefully, the next think I'll write about the financial situation will be a big Praise The Lord when I'm at 100%.  I believe He called me and I believe He'll provide for me.

1 comment:

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Amen! I believe that, too... I can hardly wait to see how wonderfully He does it...