Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break Fever

We started learning "Verbs of Motion" in class this past week. Wow...I never knew saying, "I'm going to....wherever" could be so confusing!

Anyway- to recap the week:

My WR friends went to Lugansk last Wednesday evening. While accompanying them to the train station we ran into their Lugansk host, Shane Duke. I'm hoping to spend some time with him this summer for his summer camps.

Friday night was Pizza Night at my friends, the Hathcocks. I took my playstation with me so their 3 girls could outdrive me on my own Jeep Thrills game!

Saturday night my friend Allyson and I went in search of Dixie Lee Chicken- a family-owned, Canadian fried chicken restaurant that recently opened here in Kyiv. We couldn't find it in the freezing rain and sleet and snow and enjoyed Pizza Express instead. After dinner and good conversation we ran into the chicken place and I picked up a box of wings to-go. Pretty good- kinda tasted like convenience store fried chicken back home, know what I mean?

Today was pretty lazy but I did get to talk with one of my former students on Skype and enjoyed "watching" MSU beat TN in the SEC Tourney Championship Game. (I actually didn't watch the game; I don't have enough bandwidth for that, but I can watch the livestat/scoreboard.

Finally- at the end of this week- Radooga will host their "studentlife like" Student Conference on Saturday (using the same theme- LiveLove- as SL is using) and on Sunday I'm flying to London for a few days for my Spring Break!! Later in the week, my WR friend Jake will arrive in Kyiv.

Thanks to all of you that are faithful to remember me with prayers and encouragement, and don't forget to let me know how I can pray for you too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a tight schdule.Please say a Prayer for Janet, she will be having surgery for Carpel tunnel snydrone on the 25th. and for Mae who is having quite a bit of stomach problems.
Praying for you all daily.

Vickie (Clinton's sister) said...

Yep... sounds like you had a busy week and weekend... I'm still praying the language will just "click" one day and you'll start spouting Russsian like a native... praying for you, little brother, for all things good and wonderful... and Daddy,,, I'm praying for Mae and Janet, too... love you all..

p.s. glad you found the chicken place...

Ashley said...

we loves you, Uncle C! Just wanted you to know that Eric, myself and Adler pray for you each day. And we pray for you in GA's at church too. And they think you are so cool because you used to take me to rock concerts when I was their age ( I leave out the fact that the bands all wore makeup and long hair and tight jeans. It might lessen the effect a bit!)

Ashley said...

we loves you, Uncle C! Just wanted you to know that Eric, myself and Adler pray for you each day. And we pray for you in GA's at church too. And they think you are so cool because you used to take me to rock concerts when I was their age ( I leave out the fact that the bands all wore makeup and long hair and tight jeans. It might lessen the effect a bit!)