Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Being thankful isn't all that easy

Being thankful isn't all that easy.  It should be.

Actually...there's no way I can go through a day without thinking of multiple reasons to be thankful.

But as I go through my days supposedly with an "eye out" for something I'm especially thankful for (see my last blog) I find that I have days like today.  Days when the enemy's voice seems especially louder or clearer.

Of course I'm thankful for the air I breathe.  A warm house to sleep in and a big fluffy blanket and comfortable bed.  I'm pretty thankful right this second for high speed internet.  Heck  I'm thankful for Direct TV.  I'm thankful for "My Utmost For His Highest" and for more Bible's in my home than I could possibly need.

But then there's that dang stinkin' voice.  The one that tells me that the economy sucks and I really don't have a "home church" anymore and I don't really have much of a support base and I might not be able to raise funds to go back overseas.

See where my mind's been today?

Cognitively I know God my Provider can meet my needs.  He's done it over and over again in my life.  I've seen Him do it just in the last week in lives of some friends.  He can meet my needs too.  Lord, forgive me for my unbelief and

thank you.

2 comments:

Thuy said...

Hey friend. Thank you for sharing. I'm sending you ((((HUGS)))). I understand those days when you just want Satan to shut up and yet he's the only voice you seem to hear. I hate him. And I'm so sorry for the late follow-up that we'll be supporting you!

You are right: He will provide, as He has done exponentially in both our lives.

Elysa said...

Praying for you right now, brother.