Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One Red Paperclip

Have you seen this?  http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/


It's a remarkable story about a guy that decided to take the "Bigger and Better" Game- where you trade something you have with someone else for something bigger and better.  In a little over a year he parlayed his one red paperclip into a HOUSE to live in.  Along the way he met a lot of people and along the way of fulfilling his own dream, he helped others fulfill their dreams too.

I don't know if this is one of those things that can be done again.  I mean, maybe one guy, one time is the shelf-life for a project like this.

But I'm wondering if I could do something like this to fund about 2 years on the mission field in Ukraine?  I'm thinking of starting with something pretty big...like an antique breakfast table with some sentimental history behind it?

What do you think?

No comments: