Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

I have been...(and am still)...bringing in the New Year in awesome fashion.

On Friday, Dec 30 I began the journey to Ukraine via a sleep-over in Birmingham where I watched Mississippi State's Music City Bowl Game on TV with my one of my oldest friends and his family!  The Dogs Won.


Saturday morning I had a great breakfast in Birmingham with another sweet friend, her husband and beautiful kids.  We go pretty far back too...back to my "proto-youth minister" days in Aberdeen.

And then the day got better.  My other friends got free tickets to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl in Atlanta so off we went to see Auburn put a thrashing on Virginia.  If you look closely you can see hundreds of little Chick-Fil-A Cows parachuting onto the crowd!


My friends left me in Atlanta where I spent the night with my sister and went to church with her and her husband the next morning.

Later in the day I checked in to my hotel in downtown Atlanta in preparation for Passion 2012.  Before all that kicked off though, I had dinner with my precious youngest niece.


I'm spending January 2-5 at Passion 2012 at the Georgia Dome with 44000 + College Students/Leaders/Volunteers and some High School Seniors.  Not to mention Piper, Giglio, Beth Moore, Christine Caine, David Crowder Band's LAST Concert, Hillsong United, Tomlin, Nockels, Stanfill, Redman, Hall...and quite a few friends who will be attending.  

My buddy Stik and his sister are bringing students from Zion Hill.  Student/Friends from Mississippi State and South Mississippi will be there.  My buddy Thomas and some of is Aberdeen students are coming.  It's going to be busy, but it will be a blast.  

Lastly- DRUM ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I'm catching a flight to London next Wednesday (and flying with a former youth group student from the Coast I might add!)  From there I'll fly to Budapest, Hungary and spend a couple days with a friend and his family.  And a day or two later I'll figure out how to get to my destination of Uzzhorod, Ukraine!!!

I hope your New Year is off to a great start too!


4 comments:

Janet Tuttle said...

Happy New Year, Clinton!! I'm so glad you are having such a great time your last week in the states...we miss you already, but are so glad that you have the opportunity to spend this last week in such an awesome way!! Have fun and enjoy!!!!

Britt said...

Miss you already!

Momma said...

Me, too. I hope your future turns out to be exactly what you hope it will be, and I look forward to seeing you next year if you get to come home for Christmas.

Daddy said...

I love you and miss you, and all the above applies to me, too. I am praying for you all the time. I miss you and love you always, love, daddy