Saturday, January 7, 2012

If this is part of the journey to Ukraine then I'm having a blast so far . . .

Dec 30.  Drive to Birmingham to spend the night with some friends and watch Mississippi State beat Wake Forest on TV in the Music City Bowl.

Dec 31.  Get invited to the Chick Fil A Bowl in Atlanta and watch Auburn thrash Virginia.

Jan 1.  Check-in early at the Marriot Downtown for Passion 2012 and get to have dinner with my awesome youngest niece!

Jan 2-5.  Are you kidding me?  I get to be a Doorholder/Doorkeeper at Passion.  ( Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.)  I get to be a part of the Do Something Now team.  I get to help raise more than $3 Million to combat Slavery and Trafficking.  I get to see a lot of great friends.   I get to hear Giglio, Piper, Chan and others.

Jan 6.  Lunch at Chick Fil A Corporate HQ.  I got to step inside Truett Cathy's Office!  Awesome organization!  Later that night, I had dinner with my friend Jimmy McCarty- my Co-Squad Leader from the World Race.

Jan 7.  I spent the day with World Race/AIM Friends in Gainesville, GA.  I haven't been prayed over and prayed for this much in a long time!

Jan 8- Tomorrow morning I will attend Passion City Church with friends I made at Passion.

And in just a couple days- Wednesday, Jan 11, I will fly to London (on the same flight with one of my former students from the Coast), then to Budapest to spend a couple days with more friends and finally will make it on to Ukraine next weekend.

I'm having fun so far!

No comments: