Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Booked...but not arrested! And a Housing Prayer.

I always like that feeling you have after you "book" the ticket. I wrote earlier this year about it- it firms up the commitment. Settles things.

So today I booked my ticket to Kiev, Ukraine. I will leave the airport in Jackson, MS at 8:55 am Thursday, January 8. I will arrive in Kiev at 1:30 pm the following day. Along the way I will get to glimpse (at least from a window) the lovely cities of Detroit and Amsterdam!

I have a return flight on Thursday, May 21 for Emily Wilson's wedding but I will turn right around and go back to Ukraine until Christmas as quickly as I can on May 24 or 25.

In other news: A friend in Ukraine has tentatively offered me the opportunity to rent one room of a 3 room apartment for about 1/3 of what I expect to pay for an apartment. The catch is this: I would be sharing the apartment with his Ministry's Office!! I'm not sure how I feel about that: Waking up in the morning and walking through the office to take a shower or eat breakfast??? I do tend to crave my privacy and space...fact is, I can be a hermit in a heartbeat. Maybe that's not what I need my first few months in Ukraine??

But the upside is that I would be surrounded by some Ukrainian friends during the day when I'm in the apartment that could help me ALOT with language learning and being involved in ministry.

I won't make any commitments until after I arrive in Ukraine...but be in prayer for me about this.

No comments: