Sunday, December 21, 2008

HOLD THE PRESSES. Stop Everything. I might not be going to Ukraine just yet!

Wow! I have been completely blown-away at the response to my call for you to become Ministry Partners with me as I prepare to go to Ukraine. God has been blessing me like crazy.

But alas...I ran into a "road block" of a personal nature the other day that will definitely set me back from going to Ukraine in January with Global Outreach International as originally planned. In fact, my status right now is that I am back to square ZERO with Global and it could be a few months at best before I know for sure if I go with them.

I'm not sure about the status of my already purchased airline ticket. My inclination right now is that IF I cannot receive a refund for my airfare then I will likely go to Ukraine on January 8 as planned to begin language study- I will do so at my own expense until my issue is resolved.

If I can receive a refund, then I will likely pursue an opportunity to study Russian at Columbia International University (if I can get in on time), or some other ministry opportunity in the interim.

What does this mean if you've already contributed to me through Global Outreach?

  • Your contribution is still good as a Tax-Exemption.
  • The money will be available to me in a few months when I am hopefully able to resume the original plan.
  • In the less likely scenario that I am not able to continue with GO, you can designate your gift to another GO Missionary or perhaps to another non-profit ministry altogether.

I cannot adequately express my thanks for your support or apologize enough to those of you that have already contributed in good faith.

In the meantime, I would ask that you cease sending any other contributions on my behalf (just in case) and remember me in your prayers.

Sorry I can't be more specific at this time.


3 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Clinton! This is Karen Napp (from the IMB conference). Wow. What is it about Ukraine? I am beginning to think that something amazing is going to happen there since we all seem to be having trouble getting there. I will most definately be praying that everything will be resolved so you can begin your ministry ASAP. Merry Christmas!

Janet T (Clinton's other sister) said...

Hi Clinton, we're praying for you as well, and if there's anything we can do, let us know, okay? This must be a huge disappointment, but you know that God's still in control, and you'll still be going to Ukraine. And if you do end up having to wait a few months before going, I know that God will help you use the waiting time for something good that will further your ministry for Him. We're looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days, have fun in Pineville playing elf-assembler with Patrick...tell Shannon to take pictures, ok? love you always, janet

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, little brother... and trusting God will resolve all setbacks in His favor... and put your plans back on track at the earliest possible opportunity... love you...