Friday, January 9, 2009

ARRIVED

I am in Kyiv.  It's a world covered with snow and slush.  It was 28 degrees today before sunset and I'm told it was absolutely harsh a few days ago.  Right now the days are really short.  It doesn't get light until around 9 or later and it gets dark just after 4.

I have a nice room in an apartment that Radooga uses for their Office.  Residential space is cheaper I think than Commerical space so they use an apartment for their offices.    Radooga, by the way, is a Camp/Conference Ministry here in Ukraine very similiar to StudentLife.  In fact, they're using StudentLife's Conference Tour as their own this Winter and Spring.  The Founder/President- Oleg- took me to the METRO (think "Sam's Club") and I bought a mattress and some storage solutions.  Then we bought bread and rotissiere chicken and ate here in the office before he went home for the night.

I'm about 3 blocks from McDonalds, the market and the Metro Station (subway).  I think I'm pretty close to the SEND (Language) Center.  I think there's at least one Baptist church close by. And... I have wireless internet in the apartment.  There's a Gym nearby but I don't know what it cost yet.  I'd love to be a member of a gym!

I don't have a TV and I don't know if I'll get one.  Don't think my budget will allow for it right now but you never know.  I can't understand anything on tv right now anyway, but I brought my PS2 with me for entertainment.  I have a ton of books (hyperbole), actually I probably have 40 pounds of books.  My luggage was overweight but I was allowed 2 check bags so I split the 65 pounds of stuff into 2 bags.

Keep praying...I was pretty bummed on the way here... just thinking about how 3 weeks ago I was on top of the world, like I was coming over here all victorious and everything because of how successful my support raising had been going...but here I am, unable to use that support for the moment and not affiliated with anyone and not sure of the future...

yet... right now I can say that I'm really excited to be here.  I'm ready to unpack.  I'm ready to put my storage thing together.  I'm ready for a hot bath!! and I'm ready for nap.

Tomorrow I'll get out and start exploring and prayerwalking the neighborhood.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Praying for you Clinton. Glad you arrived safely and I know God will show you the next step as you listen for his voice. Take Care.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, little brother, and so glad to know you are there safe and sound, have a roof over your head, a mattress for under your head, and hot food, too! God is good, and He will be with you evry step of the journey ahead... I can hardly wait to see all His blessings unfold...

Anonymous said...

Papa Clinton! Love you and praying for you! Keep your head up, you are right where God wants you. I admire you for going through with the trip.

Thuy said...

So glad you made it safely, Clinton! Wireless internet is a God-send, is it not?!

Will continue praying and praying and asking God to keep holding your hand into the future and the unknowns that go along with it. But I'm excited to learn more about what you're going to learn over there.

Janet T (Clinton's other sister) said...

Reading your blog this afternoon was the perfect way to end this week! It was so good to hear that you had arrived in Kiev safely, and that you were already starting to get settled into your new home! Hope you get a really, really good night's sleep, you've earned it after these last few days! we're loving you, and praying for you

Anonymous said...

Onward Christian Soldier

God doesn't leave any of His soldiers behind either.

You took a wound, but be patient, He's coming for you.