Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update- An 11th Hour God

It is 3:42 Eastern Time as I write this.  That means it's 12:42 am in Ukraine where the lady that runs the SEND International Language Center JUST NOW emailed me with the answer to a really crucial question.  Thank God she's a night owl because if I hadn't received a reply from her by 3:59 pm today then I was going to cancel my flight to Ukraine.

The question was:  Can I enroll and attend the language center if I'm not affiliated with a sending agency.

The answer is: Yes.

So I'm outa here at 8:55 am this Thursday morning.  I'll be in Kiev by 1:30 PM the following day.

It sounds trite and it's oftentimes hard to trust but here it is: I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

I wish I could share with everyone what all is going on.  As George HW Bush (the elder) used to say: "Wouldn't Be Prudent".

I am at one of my lowest points ever.  The situation with Global Outreach has nothing really to do with them and everything to do with me.  I just need a lot of people to pray with me and for me.  Just pray that the matter will be resolved favorably for me.  I should know something in a few months.

You can also begin praying for me to acquire the language.  Pray for my finances.  I'm am borrowing money from my Retirement and have sold most of my Stocks (at a loss of course!) in order to fund this trip.  I think I can make it until my scheduled return in May.  Some of my friends have offered to support me directly but I'd rather not do that because it wouldn't be deductible or accountable right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you, little brother, and loving you long distance... praying for a safe journey, new and old friends along the way, a favorable resolution to your problems, a mind like a super-sponge to soak up the language, and that everywhere you go, you will be looked upon with favor... love you always...

Janet T (Clinton's other sister) said...

ditto to everything Vickie said. You're constantly in my thoughts and prayers, and always will be. I love you so much, and wish I could hug you one more time before you leave. I don't think I realized that when you left Vicksburg the other day, that I might not get to see you again before you left. Maybe that's for the best, because I most likely would have hugged you too hard and gotten all teary-eyed. Stay in touch, stay safe, and know we're all loving you always. I'm going to miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Clinton,
Just wanted you to know that another prayer friend is lifting you up and asking God's blessing and guidance over you and through the obstacles you are manuvering right now! I hope your trip over goes smoothly for you...
Blessings,
Lori (in B'ham)

Thuy said...

Clinton, you are in my heart. I am praying for safety, for your finances, and that you feel God's Spirit carrying you and helping you through this journey. Much love from St. Louis.