Tuesday, November 20, 2012

30 Days of Blogging. Day 20, Up, up, and away....

Tonight we had our 3rd Connections Coffee House.  The previous 2 weeks it was just "us"- me and one other American along with some of our Ukrainian friends (we have a small team from our church who are committed to working in this ministry) along with a couple of college/university aged Ukrainian friends who get the vision.

Our "promotion" hasn't been all that great.  I was late getting the business/invitation cards printed and thus we've been slow getting them distributed.  And really, it's mostly up to our core group of University students to distribute those cards.  I mean, really? When and where can I meet a bunch of University kids?

But there's this: the lady who printed our cards for us was curious about what we are doing.  I explained it to her and then she told me she had 3 university aged kids...so I gave her a few of the cards to give to them.  They came tonight.

This past Sunday when Christina and I were coming back from Kalush, we boarded the train in Ctriy and there were a BUNCH of university kids in the train car with us on their way back to university in Uzhgorod from their homes near Lviv.  As we approached Uzhgorod, I broke the ice with several of them and gave them the cards.  Some of them showed up tonight, too.  And one of our regulars brought a friend tonight, too.

We had about 19 people there tonight.  Three of us American missionaries, plus one member of our team from church, plus 3 of our core kids and one other Ukrainian friend who speaks excellent English came...so about 8 "workers" and the rest were 1st time visitors.


No comments: