Tuesday, November 27, 2012

30 Days of Blogging. Day 27, Haircuts

This post definitely deserves before and after pics but I didn't think that far ahead.

Haircuts are interesting here.  The first 3 times I went to a "salon" I just pulled up a picture on my IPad and played charades with the stylist.  Um...it didn't work.

I remember the first time- she cut and cut and cut.  Then spun my chair around so I could see in the mirror, I nodded and said "ok", then she spun me back around and kept right on cutting.  Obviously something was lost in translation.

More recently I worked with my language helper to learn the particular phrases I need to get a haircut: Short on the side and back, please, not too short on the top and front.

There, that's not too much to ask is it?

I learned today that I need to learn some new words and phrases.  She spun me around and I thought she was asking if the front was ok...I said yes, then she put the clippers to my eyebrows.  I panicked but it was too late.  Fortunately, she had a guard on the clipper and was just trimming the stray Gandalf's.  For a moment I thought I'd be painting-on eyebrows for the next 3 months.

Also I think I might need to learn the phrase for "can you do something about the grey, please?".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need a Flowbee.

Mar got a RoboCut last Christmas. It is so difficult for him to get to the barber shop, and then they don't cut his hair short enough. So the girls and I thought we would surprise him.

Not his favorite gift. The look in his eyes when we hook the RoboCut to the extremely loud shopvac and start sucking his hair up and off.

Hilarious.

Julie D.


Brittany said...

Hahaha. Too funny.