Wednesday, November 21, 2012

30 Days of Blogging. Day 21, She's Official...

My friend Tonya excitedly posted this picture yesterday.

She's a high school senior and  member of Zion Hill Church in Wesson, MS where I'm a member.  She's a cool kid with a growing heart for the Lord and for missions.  She started expressing interest in visiting Ukraine last year when I was still building my Support Team.

Several months ago that interest turned into plans and several weeks ago those plans turned into action as she applied to serve through International Teams' Mobilization Dept.

Tonya has served a week in Mexico twice and last summer she spent 10 days or so in Costa Rica with ServantLife.  This time she'll stay a whole month here in Ukraine!

We haven't ironed out the exact dates yet but tentatively she and I will fly back here together since I'll be Stateside most of May for a wedding and to meet with my Support Team.  While here in June she'll probably participate in my church's youth camp and then we'll work together in the Day Camps where I served this summer.  I'll try to expose her to as much variety in ministry as I can; she'll work with me and I'll introduce her to the work of other missionaries and ministries in the area.




No comments: