Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Blogging. Day 30, The End.

It's been a fun 30 days of blogging.  Some days I had no idea what to write about.  Other times I knew a day or two in advance.  I think I covered a lot of ground and painted a pretty good picture of my life here in Ukraine right now.

If you've kept up with all the blogs then you shared my birthday with me and you got a ground-floor view of the launching of a new ministry.  You got to peep in on a Bat Mitzvah, and you got to hear me sing on more than one occasion.   You might have laughed along with me as I study the language, or laughed at me when I went for a haircut.  You may have visited one of our weekly youth group meetings or traveled with me when I taught a church about youth ministry.

Maybe you shared in my frustration of trying to get things done back home from 5000 miles away, or maybe you were offended by my attempt to reminisce about my love for MSU.

Or maybe you haven't taken the time to look at any of those blogs.  That's ok.

I like writing blogs.  I generally have no idea if it's worth the effort, though.  As far as I know, there are 3 regular readers.  The offensive MSU blog was apparently discovered by some of those friendly Ole Miss types who generously made it available to a more diverse group of people than I could have ever reached on my own resulting in some positive, encouraging feedback from them.

Maybe I could learn a few things from one of my favorite bloggers, Jamie the Very Worst Missionary. Whether it's her content or her "presentation" of her content, she seems to quite often stir stuff up which in turn I'm sure leads to higher readership and a LOT of interaction.  The price she pays though is that she gets slammed by people.  A lot.  I could probably learn something about being thick-skinned from her as well as how to make the blog something people want to read.

But in the end- it's not entirely about making it something people will want to read.  It's a great glimpse into what I'm doing and at times, what I get to see God doing around me, in me, and through me.  But mostly I'm writing for me.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

I've enjoyed your frequent posts! Keep it up! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Clinton, I have thoroughly enjoyed your thirty days of blogging! I've enjoyed getting to know some of the things you do in your ministry. Very worthwhile!!!

Grace talked to her friend Mikayla who DID get a scholarship to Passion. (Thank you for your help!) She was absolutely thrilled at the prospect of going, but doesn't know if it will be possible. Although, I have a feeling Mikayla will be doing her very best to talk her mom into getting them back to the states by January 1. Let's pray for that, okay?

Guess where Mar and the big girls (Grace and Emma) are going tonight? To a TobyMac concert in Jackson! They are so excited. Mar is excited about seeing Mandisa since he tries very hard to sing like her! :)

Love ya,

Jules