Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Days of Blogging. Day 24, Late Thanksgiving

I've been looking at Thanksgiving meal pictures and reading statuses (stati?) on facebook about leftovers for 2 days now and I have to say it was good to finally get around a table for a sit-down dinner tonight.

There were 6 of us, 3 Americans, 1 Canadian, and 2 Ukrainians.  You can get Turkey here, no problem, but we opted for a couple of whole rotisserie chickens.  We had cranberry sauce, cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, dressing, and I made deviled eggs and green bean casserole.


And speaking of Green Bean Casserole.  I found a recipe I liked but it called for a can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup and a can of Fried Onion Rings.  Neither of which you can get here.  So I found a recipe for homemade soup and did that last night.  Then I thinly sliced some onion rings and deep fried them to perfection.  PER FEC TION.  It was pretty good if I do say so myself.

Oh, and Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie, too!

We played cards and laughed and just generally had a good time.  

2 comments:

Janet T. said...

sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving Day meal!!! hope you got well and truly stuffed!!! and the homemade green bean casserole sounds delicious!! any chance you'll be cooking it for our family Christmas feast???

Anonymous said...

You can fix your gb casserole for us anytime. That sounds good!

I don't know what it is about sitting around playing games after a big Thanksgiving meal, but that is my favorite!!!

This year we all played Catch Phrase. Some years Blokus or Rummicube. Seriously fun and loud!

Julie D.