Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Blogging. Day 7. Day after Election Day.


This scene from Remember the Titans sort of captures my thoughts in regard to yesterdays' US Presidential Election.

Ok, in reality, I guess I do care a little bit.  I cared enough to call my Circuit Clerk nearly 2 months ago to order an Absentee Ballot.  I cared enough to spend 3 days trying to get it notarized here in Ukraine and sent  back to MS in time to count.

I don't know if it made it back in time or not, or if it was accepted or not and I won't lose any sleep worrying about it.

I wasn't strongly (or even mildly) drawn to either major candidate.  I'm not sure there's a dime's worth of difference in what either one could/can accomplish in 4 years.  I thought one had a better business sense but I honestly think America is too far gone for even the best commander to right the ship.

In the end, I think God placed our leader.  Maybe not what we wanted  Maybe not what half of us wanted, but I'd have to say, probably what we deserve.  As long as God is on His throne (and He surely is), then I can say of the election...I do not care.  The results have no bearing whatsoever on how I live my life in the Kingdom (here and now, and to come) and I don't think it should for you, either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't strongly (or even mildly) drawn to either major candidate. I'm not sure there's a dime's worth of difference in what either one could/can accomplish in 4 years.

DITTO! God's in control. Not us.

I'm loving the 30 posts!

Julie D.